Laserfiche WebLink
U <br />• <br />338 Class 111Imentory, Colowyo's Collom Mine Project <br />Figure 6.208 Overview of Site SMF1656, Looking North - northwest (Taken by Mark Karpinski, <br />8!23/05). <br />The current inventory found the site to be in an advanced state of decay and deterioration since the <br />initial recording 22 years ago. The site boundary was extended to the west in the southern portion <br />of the site to incorporate a modified natural spring along the western slope of the valley. <br />Modifications to the spring included digging out the mouth of the spring and adding a pipe. Soils <br />are alluvial clay loam on the valley bottom with residual and colluvial loamy soils on the slopes <br />abovethesite. Sagebrush and rabbitbrush occur on the slopes with sparse sagebrush, mixed grasses, <br />forbs on the valley bottom, and dense willows new and below the spring outlet. <br />The 1983 TRC Mariah report indicated that the site is on lands patented by Claude O. Collins on <br />January 8,1938. The MTP and Historical Indices for T4N, R94 W, and BLM website indicates that <br />Collins received a Homestead Entry Patent (HE No. 1098651) for 324 acres in Section 25. The <br />patent was not cancelled or relinquished and was filed (039689) at the General Land Office in <br />47599 TRC Mariah Associates Inc. <br />